Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Tres Leches


I don't make this very often, but every time I do I tell myself I need to make it more often. I made this recently for our Cinco de Mayo party, and after gorging myself on flautas and empanadas, I went back for some of my cake and found it completely gone. I should have made a lot more for the party! So, I made more today instead. (You can also substitute a white cake mix, instead of making the homemade white cake.)

Preheat oven to 350ยบ. Spray a 9x13 pan and set aside.

1 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp. baking powder

Mix flour and baking powder in small bowl and set aside. 

1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
5 eggs
1/2 tsp. vanilla

Cream the butter and sugar, than add eggs and vanilla. Slowly add flour mixture while mixing. 
Pour into prepared pan and bake 30 minutes. 

1 cup whole milk
1 can (12oz) evaporated milk
1 can (14oz) sweetened condensed milk

Mix the milk in a small bowl. When cake is cooled, pierce it several times with a fork or knife. Pour over the milk mixture. Set in the fridge to chill. 

1 1/2 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla

Whip the whipping cream, sugar and vanilla together until thick. Spread on cold cake. Serve or refrigerate until ready to serve. 

No comments: