Monday, May 7, 2012

Fish Tacos

I love fish tacos for lots of reasons- easy& tasty. Okay, just those two reasons. I seem to make them a little differently every time I make them, but this is my latest version, which my husband agrees has been the best so far. I have one confession to make, though. Are you ready?  I make mine with frozen fish sticks.  I know, I hear you. How low can I go, right? Someday I may just post how to make real fish tacos with real, fresh fish, but for now I am just happy and content with my own way of making these. And I think my way may even appeal to many a housewife (who just may be drowning in laundry). 

The Fish:
1 tsp. Cayenne
1/2 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. salt
10-12 frozen fish sticks or 4-6 fish fillets

Place all the ingredients in a large plastic bag and shake. Lay fish in pan and bake according to directions on bag/box.

The Sauce:
1 cup sour cream
1/4 cup mayonnaise
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
1/8 tsp. cayenne
1 lime, juices
1 small handful cilantro, chopped

The Other Toppings:
Sliced avocados or quacamole
Chopped tomatoes or pico de gallo or hot sauce
Cabbage, finely sliced
Chopped onion
Chopped cilantro
Lime wedges

Don't forget the Corn Tortillas

Assembling your taco: Place several corn tortillas in a plastic bag and microwave them for 15- 30 seconds, just enough to warm and soften them. Spread The Sauce on 1-2 tortillas, and place a hot fish stick in the middle. Top with toppings of your choice. Enjoy!

No comments: