4 pints cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1 large bunch of parsley, chopped fine
7-8 basil leaves, carefully cut into a chiffonade (rolled up and sliced thin)
1-1/2 C parmesan cheese, grated
1/4 C olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
4 cloves of garlic, grated or minced fine
1 lb linguine pasta
- In a large bowl, combine the oil, salt and pepper, parsley, tomatoes, and garlic. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit at room temperature for 2~4 hours.
- When ready to eat, boil pasta to al dente. Make sure and reserve a little bit of pasta water.
- Meanwhile, grate parmesan cheese and put in the bowl with the tomato mixture and toss to coat.
- Once pasta is done, place in the bowl with tomatoes and combine. Add a little pasta water to loosen the sauce if needed.
- Serve with extra cheese and crusty bread.