Friday, March 21, 2008

Homemade Bisquick

I recently made some homemade Bisquick and found lots of recipes to use it with, which I will be posting later after I try them... then I can post the ones that turn out well. The good thing about making homemade Biquick is that it is a good way to use up any powdered milk that you might have sitting around in your pantry for an "emergency".

Homemade Bisquick

8 C flour
1 1/4 C nonfat dry milk powder
1/4 Tb salt
2 C shortening

Combine dry ingredients and cut in shortening. Store in tightly closed container in cool place. Makes about 10 cups.

Recipes with Bisquick:
(I didn't realize there were so many recipes that could be made with Bisquick!)

Sweet and Sour Pork
Sausage Calzone
Reuben Fold-Overs
Fruit Cobblers/ Fruit Crisp
Ultimate Triple Chocolate Bars
Italian Chicken Fingers
Southwest Tamale Pie
Cajun Chicken
Quick Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Easy Pot Pies
White Chocolate-Berry Bread Pudding

No comments: