Tuesday, September 9, 2014

6 ingredient Shepherds Pie

When we were newly weds, I would make this dish just about every week. Since then, I have learned just a little bit about cooking, or so I like to think, and this little gem has fallen out of the regular routine. It must have been during that time that I developed an aversion to our weekly menu items, and hardly make very many of them anymore. It's just the way I am - I have a hard time with monotony. However, my husband, who never tired of this dish, will request it every now and then. This is a little spin on this dish, much to my delight, using sweet potatoes and parmesan cheese, instead of regular white potatoes and cheddar cheese. And to give full credit where credit is due, the creative license for this goes to my one and only. It's a keeper!

1 lb. steak or ground beef, browned
1 can tomato soup
1 can diced tomatoes
2 cans green beans, drained
several boiled potatoes, mashed
1 cup grated cheese
salt and pepper

Directions are pretty straight forward: brown your beef, add the soup, tomatoes and green beans and simmer. Plop on your mashed taters and cheese and pop in the oven, long enough to melt the cheese. Done!



No comments: