Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Sweet and Sour Pork with Bisquick


1 lb boneless pork loin chops, cut into 1" cubes
1 egg, beaten
3/4 cup Bisquick mix
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1/2 cup oil
1 1/2 cup frozen bell-pepper and onion stir-fry
1 can pineapple chunks, drained
1 jar (11 1/2 oz) sweet and sour sauce

In medium bowl, toss pork with egg. In large re-sealable plastic bag, mix Bisquick, salt and pepper. Drain excess egg from pork and add to bag. Shake to coat.
In skillet, heat oil over med. heat. Cook pork 6-8 minutes, until brown and crispy. Drain on paper towels and keep warm. Drain oil from pan and stir-fry the vegetables. Stir in sweet and sour sauce and add pork. Heat to boiling and serve.

4 comments:

Crawford Family said...

I think I'll try this next week.

Laura said...

This turned out amazing! I was kind of hoping it would turn out some-what authentic at least, but I had my doubts. It was great! It was just like the sweet and sour pork I've had at Chinese restaurants.

Chelsea said...

Yum, we tried it last night and it was tasty. I think maybe next time I'd just make a homemade sweet and sour sauce instead of buying the bottle to put in. There are recipes using the pineapple juice, brown sugar, vinegar, and cornstarch to make it.

Crawford Family said...

turned out great! we left the pineapple out.