Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Taco Soup


Time for an old stand by. It had actually been a while since I'd made Taco Soup. I used to make it all the time, but somehow it had fallen out of the routine. I am so glad I remembered this little gem. I whipped it up in no time - which is why I am confused about its absence - I have been a bit of a last minute cook lately, and have been getting pretty good at having dinner on the table in record time, if I do say so myself. 

1/2 lb. ground beef, cooked - I cook a lot at once, and only use a small portion for dinner, and freeze the rest in usable portions, saves time when your cooking in a rush. 
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced, mashed or however you want
1 bell pepper, diced
1 cup frozen corn
1 can black beans
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can beef broth, or 2 cups water and 1 bouillon
2 roasted green chilis, diced, or 1 can green chile 
1/2 package taco seasoning
1 tsp. cayenne
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
salt and pepper to taste

Toss everything in a pot and bring to simmer. Simmer 10 minutes. Serve with avocado, cilantro, limes, and sour cream. 



No comments: