Saturday, February 19, 2011

Frog-Eye Salad


This may not be a new recipe for most of you, but someone recently asked me for the recipe so I decided to put it on the blog. Our family loves this stuff!! You know how you can get tired of something if you eat it too often. Well, I don't want to confess how many times I've made this just this past month, so I'll just say A LOT, and I'm still craving more! It's just too good!

· 1/2 cup sugar
  1 TBS Flour
· ¼ tsp Salt
· 1 C. Pineapple Juice
· 1 Egg

Stir these ingredients together in a sauce pan and just bring to a boil, stirring frequently, and remove from heat. Stir in 2 tsp lemon juice. Let cool to room temperature. It will thicken. Cook 8 oz. of acine de pepe pasta (1 1/3 C. Pasta) then let cool. Mix sauce and pasta together and put in fridge.

Then add: (drained)
· 2 Cans of oranges
· 1 Can crushed pineapple
· 1 Can pineapple tidbits
1 Can mixed fruit
· 2 Cups marshmallows
· 18 oz. container of cool whip.

No comments: