1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 Tbsp. sugar
1/2 cup poppy seed dressing
1 lb salad greens
2 pink grapefruits
1 cup mandarin orange sections
2 oz sliced almonds
4 whole strawberries
1 cup poppy seed dressing
Prepare the chicken:
1. Place the chicken breasts on a heated grill and grill them until they are almost done.
2. Mix 1 tbsp of sugar with 1/2 cup of poppy seed dressing and brush it over the chicken breasts.
3. Continue cooking the chicken breasts until they have reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
4. Remove them from the grill and allow them to cool. Slice them into thin strips and refrigerate them until needed.
Prepare the salad:
1. Using a sharp knife remove the outer peel of the grapefruits. Separate the flesh of the grapefruits from the membrane by running a sharp knife down and up each section of the grapefruit.
2. Peel and core the avocado. Cut the avocado into 12 slices.
3. Toast the almonds by placing them on a baking sheet and baking them until light brown.
Assemble the salad:
1. In a serving bowl arrange the lettuce.
2. On top of the lettuce arrange the grapefruit sections and mandarin oranges.
3. Arrange the chicken strips over the salad.
4. Add the avocado slices and sprinkle the top of the salad with fresh almonds.
5. Garnish the top of the salad with a fanned strawberry.
6. Serve with poppy seed dressing.