Saturday, April 12, 2008

Lime Cilantro Soup

2 Tbs. Olive Oil
1 Onion
2 Cloves Garlic Minced
1 Tbs. Chili Powder
2 Chicken Breasts Cubed
4 Cups Chicken Broth
1 Cup Frozen Corn
½ Bunch Cilantro Sprigs
½ Cup Chopped Cilantro
¼ Cup Lime Juice

Mix Olive oil, onion, garlic and chili powder to make a paste then add chicken and cook until done. Add chicken broth and sprigs then let come to a boil. Add Corn and lime juice, remove sprigs and add chopped cilantro. Cook another 6 min. Serve over corn chips and top with fresh tomato, avocado, cheese and sour cream.
This is a great soup we really like it and it is great to cook in the crockpot, on a busy day. Hope that you enjoy

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

Sounds good. Are the corn chips Fritos or Tortilla chips?

Kassie, Aaron and Boys said...

Tortilla Chips!

Chelsea said...

Great, that's what I did. We had it tonight and it was really good, I love cilantro. I think next time I'll add in egg noodles to make it more.... I don't know the word, "substancy"?

Kassie, Aaron and Boys said...

I have had it with hominy (is that the white one) and it adds alot, I am sorry I guess that I could have said that earlier.