Friday, March 14, 2008

Amazing Banana Bread

This is a recipe I got from a friend that I really liked. I added a variation of adding cocoa, nuts and chocolate chips... an idea I got from some of my Grandma's really good chocolate banana bread. But, I must tell you, this recipe is amazing with or without the cocoa.
Bread Batter

3/4 C. butter
1 C. brown sugar
1 C. white sugar
3 eggs
7 ripe bananas
1 16oz container sour cream
1 Tb. vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
3 tsp baking soda
4 1/2 C. flour

Preheat oven to 300. Grease pans and dust with cinnamon sugar. In large bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Mix in eggs, bananas, and sour cream. Add remaining ingredients and pour in small cake pans. Sprinkle top with crumb mixture and bake for 1 hour. 

Crumb topping:

1/3 C. brown sugar
2 Tb. flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1 Tb. butter

Combine brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Cut in butter. 

Variations on Recipe: 
Add 1/2 C. cocoa and chopped nuts 
Add 1/2 C. chocolate chips for chocoholics

5 comments:

Gary said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bluebird & Company said...

That looks really yummy! I think I will try that one today!

Crawford Family said...

How many loaves does this make?

Laura said...

This makes a lot, so you may want to halve the recipe. And be sure to cook it in a cake pan, not in bread pans.

Crawford Family said...

I halved the recipe and it was great! Very tasty!